Father, Husband, and Believer
Interested in ITIL, Information Technology Governance, CMM, Scorecards, TOGAF, IT Centers of Excellence, and overall Management Principles including Maslow’s Hierarchy, Machiavelli “The end justifies the means” and Servant Leadership.
- Initial (chaotic, ad hoc, individual heroics) – the starting point for use of a new or undocumented repeat process.
- Repeatable – the process is at least documented sufficiently such that repeating the same steps may be attempted.
- Defined – the process is defined/confirmed as a standard business process, and decomposed to levels 0, 1 and 2 (the latter being Work Instructions).
- Managed – the process is quantitatively managed in accordance with agreed-upon metrics.
- Optimizing – process management includes deliberate process optimization/improvement.